Your chamber is here to convene, convey and connect our community amid the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 virus for our residents, school families and our business workforce. Below are some official resources you can use as we navigate this situation together:
*Today, Gov. Henry McMaster issued an executive order that mandates restaurants and bars to stop the sale of alcohol at 11 p.m. beginning Saturday, July 11 to help slow the spread of COVID-19
*Effective June 29th, 2020 The town of Hilton Head Island requires that a face-covering mask be worn while in commercial business establishments.
- Covid-19 Testing
- Comparison of Benefits Programs Under CARES Act
- SBA Resources on the Payroll Protection Plan
Many restaurants reopened May 11 for indoor (50% of its occupancy) and outdoor seating.
Mask Ordinances and Resources
- Find Town of Bluffton resources here and signage here
Find Town of Hilton Head resources and signage here
Find Beaufort County resources here
Business & Travel Resources
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce Resources
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Resource Page
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines for Businesses
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Resources
- SBA Disaster Assistance
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans for Corona Virus
- SBA Loan Information
- Employee Retention Tax Credit
- Explaining Employee Retention Tax Credit
- Qualifying For Employee Retention Tax Credit
- Filing for Unemployment
- Filing Unemployment for Workers
- FAQs on SC Unemployment
- SC Unemployment/Layoff Information
- U.S. Travel Association Resources
- American Hotel & Lodging Association Guidance for Employers
- Destinations International
- OSHA Resources
- South Carolina Department of Employment & Workforce (SCDEW)
- Non-Government Grants
- Other Grants
- National PPE Supplies Exchange
- Ace Hardware of Hilton Head
- Back to Business Sanitizing Kits
- Burke’s Pharmacy PPE
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- DX Printing & Mailing PPE
- Purifly Disinfection Service
- Protective Counter Tops
- Hilton Head Distillery Hand sanitizer
Non-Government Grant Programs
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- James Beard Foundation Food and Beverage Industry Relief Fund
- Opportunity Fund COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund
- Verizon and LISC Small Business Recovery Fund
- Arrhythmia Alliance
- CDC General Information about COVID-19
- Getting Tested/Telehealth Resource
- Beaufort Memorial Hospital Virtual Visits
- MUSC Virtual Healthcare
- Hilton Head Regional Healthcare
- Beaufort Memorial Hospital
- DHEC Educational/Outreach Materials
- Do I Qualify as a Small Business?
- Medical Resource (Town of HHI)
- Donate Blood
Government & School Resources
- Latest Gov. McMaster Press Conference on SCETV
- Gov. McMaster accelarateSC
- Latest Gov. McMaster Press Conference on SCETV
- Beaufort County Help For Families
- Beaufort County
- Town of Hilton Head Island
- Town of Bluffton
- Beaufort County School District (schools are closed through the end of April)
- Beaufort County School District Meal Distribution Schedule
- Chamber email regarding the beach closure
- Hilton Head Island Public Beaches Closed as of March 21. Private beaches remain open.
Local Banks Offering Payroll Protection Loans
The intent of the legislation is for small businesses to work with their own bank to apply for the loan
Participating Lenders in PPP
Paypal (Current PayPal Merchants Only)
Intuit (Current QuickBooks Clients Only)
Square (Current Square Merchants, but may be open to future customers)
Blue Vine Capital
Note: Please also check to see if your current financial institution is accepting applications. Additional PPP lenders can be found here.
Chamber’s Weekly Community Call
9:15 a.m. every Wednesday
Video Seminars by Burr Forman Law Firm:
- US Chamber and INC. Magazine with fantastic q&a and panel click here
In case you missed it
Burr Forman Webinar April 16th
Ways to Help
Consider supporting The Children’s Center, which provides affordable childcare to the local workforce.
Donate what you can. Bluffton Self Help, the Deep Well Project and Sandalwood Food Pantry have needs for monetary and goods donations.
Outside Brands is offering memberships to help their employees as well as the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry’s COVID-19 Fund.
Donate to the University of South Carolina – Beaufort (USCB) Student Relief Fund
The Sea Pines Resort is raising funds to help resort employees who are affected by the resort closure as well as the Heritage Classic Foundation.
The Restaurant Worker Relief fund, through the Lowcountry Strong Foundation, provides dinners and other commissary food items to the restaurant workers who are currently out of work or have lost wages.
Donate to the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry’s COVID-19 Response Fund, which will rapidly deploy resources to community-based frontline nonprofit organizations addressing the COVID-19 pandemic in Beaufort, Jasper, Hampton, and Colleton Counties.
Second Helpings continues to rescue food for local food pantries.
Hilton Head Community Church is collecting gift cards to donate to the Sandalwood Community Food Pantry. Drop them off at the Community Center between 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
Check with your local churches; they may have their own outreach.
Tie a blue ribbon outside your business or home to show support for our local healthcare workers and first responders. The trees outside out chamber offices are tied in blue ribbons to show our support.