- The Foundation for Educational Excellence honored Laura Bush as the 2023 “Peggy May Inspiration Award” recipient.
- Christopher Corkern, president of May River Financial Group, has been named to “Top of the Table,” the highest designation of the international Million Dollar Round Table and is also among the top 250 financial security professionals wealth advisor list in the United States by Forbes magazine.
Outside Brands dedicated its Shelter Cove kayak dock in honor of Bluffton resident Charlotte Lewis, who took home the gold in kayaking at the Special Olympics in Germany earlier this summer!
Alicia Powell joins the Sandbox Children’s Museum as its executive Director. She was previously at the Salvation Army and Port Royal Sound Foundation.
- Congratulations to Garrett Simons on receiving the 2023 R.D. Bennett Community Service Scholarship presented by The Electric Cooperatives of South Carolina.
- Sarah Vinopal, a Special Education assistant at Hilton Head Island Middle School, was named the Beaufort County School District Support Staff of the Year!
- Dick Stewart and 303 Associates of Beaufort funded UCSB's 1795 Scholarship, which provided students on campus with scholarships to help with housing costs.
LUX ~ A Medical Spa announced the certifications of staff:
- Susan Ciccarelli, CoolSculpting Elite master clinician
- Rachel Winn, dermaplaning certification.
Hilton Head Regional Healthcare welcomed the following physicians:
Timothy J. Alikakos, M.D. to Hilton Head Heart
Dr. Jo Ann Csakany and Dr. Shelby Griffith, to the team of OB/GYN specialists at Riverside Women’s Care
Dr. Kayo Perley to Medical Associates of the Lowcountry
Dr. Steven Thies to Southern Surgery Specialists
Memory Matters welcomed:
Tia Fletcher, Family Care Coordinator
- Lauren Morales, Program Specialist