The University of South Carolina - Beaufort was awarded a $1 million federal grant to advance healthcare education. The grant project called "Increasing Pre-Licensure Educational Capacity in the Lowcountry,” is a strategic partnership between USCB, Beaufort Memorial Hospital, the City of Beaufort, and Beaufort County.
- Fill the Need, a collaboration between Palmetto Breeze Transit and Second Helpings, celebrated its 6th anniversary of providing groceries every week to hundreds who commute to Hilton Head Island and in Bluffton.
AutoNation delivered their Totes for Hope to the Lewis Center & Research Pavilion in support of breast cancer awareness month.
The Town of Hilton Head Island has received full accreditation from the Emergency Management Accreditation Program. It's the third in the state and one of 91 recipients of the accreditation in the world.
- SERG Group donated $10,000 to the Children’s Center to sponsor its kitchen through 2024.
- Beaufort County Council Human Services Department awarded $398,000 among 26 non-profit organizations as a part of its Community Services Grant Program.
- Congratulations to the May River High School girl's golf team on winning their 3rd state championship!
- For the 7th consecutive year, Conde Nast Traveler readers chose Hilton Head Island as the #1 island in the U.S.! Our partners who also made the list:
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport: #1 Airport in the U.S. for the 3rd consecutive year
- Montage Palmetto Bluff: #1 Resort in the South, and #8 Resort in the U.S.
- Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort: #2 Resort in the South, and #13 Resort in the U.S.
- Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort: #13 Resort in the South
- The Sea Pines Resort: #18 Resort in the South
- The Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Leadership Alumni Association got an immersive and interactive experience on Leadership Lessons from the Battle of Port Royal from Zach Green and Richard Thomas of the Warrior Performance Framework!
The Town of Hilton Head Island and Hilton Head Land Trust unveiled a new historical marker at Fort Howell, which is on the National Register of Historic Places and one of the best-preserved Civil War-era fortifications in South Carolina.
- Art League of Hilton Head presented its community-painted Happy Birthday HHI artwork to the Town of Hilton Head Island.
First Tee of The Lowcountry is expanding its classes into Hardeeville in partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Jasper County.
- The Town of Bluffton has started construction on new amenities:
- A splash pad in Oscar Frazier Park
- A large playground and public venue in the New Riverside Barn Park
- Four new playground elements to DuBois Park
- Todd McGrain’s “Carolina Parakeet” was installed in the Lowcountry Celebration Park as part of the Town of Hilton Head Island’s public art displays.