Small businesses are the backbone of our communities. From restaurants to retail, to landscape designers, construction, real estate, and so much more, there are small businesses that we all know and frequent.
Entrepreneurship is alive and well and is a major driver in the economy nationwide. In fact, according to the Small Business Administration:
- There are 32.5 million small businesses in the U.S.
- Small and medium-sized businesses account for 90% of the business population.
- Small companies employ 64% of new jobs annually.
You value your membership with us, too. According to our latest membership survey:
- 87% said the chamber is a strong contributor to the community’s success.
- 84% said they agree that their partnership with the chamber adds value to their business.
- The top areas that you are satisfied with are the professionalism of our staff, communications, and destination promotions.
Next week, we are hosting our annual Small Business Week to celebrate your partnership with us. Click here for details or check below for a rundown of events (it includes lunch on us!).
We’re honored to partner with you in support of all businesses in the Lowcountry, and hope you join us next week!
President & CEO | Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce