- Our Business Workforce Coalition is working on an Encore Career Initiative, which will address opportunities to bring local retirees back into the workforce. Meanwhile the Business Education Partnership Committee and Bluffton Regional Business Council are working on an Internship Program for students.
- Second Helpings and property management companies have teamed up to encourage visitors to donate their unused groceries every Saturday morning at the Grayco Hardware store on Hilton Head Island.
- The “Best Classes Ever” got back together for the first Leadership Alumni event! Thank you Southern Barrel Brewing Company Tavern for hosting.
- Historic Mitchelville Freedom Park’s MAGIC Program, which just received a grant from the Heritage Classic Foundation, was featured by the PGA TOUR! Check out the article here.
- The Junior Leadership Class spent their last class day writing letters to residents of the assisted living home they visited as part of their class projects. Meanwhile, our Leadership class explored our local environment and the arts and culture community.
- The final round of the RBC Heritage had 4.15 million viewers, making it the highest-viewed final round broadcast outside of the Masters.
Our Visitor & Convention Bureau team was proud to represent Hilton Head Island and Bluffton at the SC Restaurant & Lodging Association Hospitality Day at the Statehouse.
Do you or a colleague need childcare on Saturdays? The Children's Center is once again offering Saturday childcare from April 15-September 16. Details here.
Bluffton High School was one of Hargray’s “Dream Bigger” social media campaign winners, which awards $2,500 to schools and organizations providing K-12 students with STEM education.
Over 300 volunteers came out to the Home Depot Foundation’s building event to benefit Operation Patriot FOB, Hilton Head Regional Habitat for Humanity, LowCountry Habitat for Humanity and Savannah-Chatham Authority for the Homeless.
Hilton Head Christian won the Class 3A championship while Heritage Academy won the Class A title during the SCISA state championships.
- Team RBC ambassador Cameron Young teamed up with junior golfers from First Tee of the Lowcountry to compete on the 9th hole at Harbour Town Golf Links in the Junior Club Showdown.
- The Seabrook of Hilton Head’s Fraser Health Center has been named one of the Top Four Nursing Homes in the State of South Carolina.