Twenty local professionals have been selected to the 2021-2022 Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Class. Participants will be immersed in the economic, cultural, political, and historical facets of southern Beaufort County, and will complete a class community project.
The class participants are:
- Adam Martin, Haig Point
- Anna Almeida, Elite Resort Management
- Brandon Greenplate, Brandon Greenplate Real Estate
- Brent Lett, Synovus Bank
- Brittani Anderson, J. Banks Design
- Corey Smith, Fraser & Allen
- Corey Tuten, Palmetto Electric Cooperative
- Diane Busch, Town of Hilton Head Island
- Fred Lowery, Island Recreation Center
- Harrison Williams, Johnson & Davis Law Firm
- Henry Criss, Palmetto Breeze Transit
- Jason Ashley, Webster Rogers
- Joan Richardson, Carey & Company
- Kimberly Lewis, Pinnacle Financial Partners
- Lauren Albrecht, Hilton Head Insurance and Brokerage
- Lawrence Melton Jr., The Island Funeral Home & Crematory
- Mark Stanley, Palmetto Breeze Transit
- Megan Gorden, Palmera Inn & Suites
- Natalie Major, Town of Bluffton
- Sally Zuniga, Tio's Latin American Kitchen
The Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce began its Leadership program in 1985. It is designed to cultivate leadership resources within the community by giving participants the opportunity to study and experience the Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, Okatie, and Daufuskie Island communities, including their history, government, economy, human services, and culture. The curriculum provides broad-based leadership perspectives to familiarize participants with the area’s challenges, opportunities, and resources.
The class also completes a community project. In the past six class years, leadership classes have raised and invested over $103,000 into the community through these projects including sunscreen dispensers at Hilton Head Island parks, playground equipment at Oscar Frazier Park, Matthew's Oak in Shelter Cove Towne Centre, "Follow the Fiddlers" in Old Town Bluffton, signage on Daufuskie Island, and more.