Sales Manager/Destination Services Manager
Meeting Dynamics/Kelly Tours
We are pleased to announce an opportunity to join an expanding, dynamic company. For the right candidate, this is a chance to be heavily involved in being a part of a cohesive unit that has the ability and the resources to service the needs of all conventions and groups coming to the Hilton Head and Savannah areas as well as working with local organizations and companies. More specifically, this Sales Manager/Destination Service Manager will be based on Hilton Head Island, SC with the sales territory extending north to Charleston, SC and south to Savannah, GA and beyond. The main function will be to find leads for future business, service as needed, build and maintain relationships, and professionally represent the company at networking and social functions.
Requirements to be considered for employment include:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in event/meeting planning or hotel management
- Outgoing, enthusiastic personality who enjoys interacting with other people and who is customer satisfaction focused
- Familiarity with the Hilton Head/Savannah hotels and markets - Superior organization skills
- Self-motivated and goal driven
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, and MS Outlook and other applicable software
- Superior verbal and written skills (including emails) and ability to report account status and activities clearly
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with hotel personnel, suppliers, wedding planners, meeting/event planners, and other strategic partners
- Professionally and positively represent the company at networking and other professional social events
- Superior at multi-tasking and scheduling time efficiently and effectively
- Create proposals customized to each client
- Ability to provide quotes and create budgets that support the company’s goals and objectives
- Attend and participate in hotel Pre-convention meetings
- A team player who gets along well with fellow associates and who can make suggestions for product/service improvement
Compensation for this position is base salary rate plus commission. . Other benefits to be discussed.
Work schedule is flexible with the understanding that some weekends, evenings, or holiday work may be necessary based on customer needs.
Salary: Based on experience
Start Date: immediateApply By Email