Correctional officer trainee
Full-time/Part-time Will be responsible for performing correctional duties involving the care, custody, and control of inmates at the Beaufort County detention center.
• High school diploma or GED
• College degree, military experience or law enforcement experience preferred
• Must be at least 21 yrs. of age, U.S. Citizen, able to pass a physical examination, have a satisfactory credit history
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions within the past five years.
• No prior criminal domestic violence convictions, felonies, or any crime of moral turpitude
• Required to work any hours, day or shift, including holidays and weekends
• Bilingual preferred.
• Must pass an extensive background check include criminal history and credit history.
• Additional insert with application and prescreening required. The insert is available at www.bcgov.net or at Employee services, 100 Ribaut road Beaufort, SC. Applicants being considered for the position will be contacted to schedule the prescreening.
• Employment will remain contingent upon successfully completing training at the SC Criminal Justice Academy and passing a physical examination prior to attending the academy.
Salary: $16.38 per hr.Apply Online Here