Have you heard the news? Readers of Travel + Leisure Magazine have voted Hilton Head Island the “#1 Island in the Continental U.S.” for the third year in a row!
It’s not hard to see why so many would vote for our wonderful island – amazing beaches, activities galore, great restaurants and top-notch accomodations. However, the real beauty in the win lies not on what we can see, but what we cannot. What makes our island so wonderful? YOU – Our amazing community members! From business owners, to residents, visitors and all those that help to support this amazing destination, we cannot say “Thank You” enough, and we could not have done it without you.
How does winning Best Island In the Continental U.S. impact your business?
- – Accolades help us to become more than a regional household name; they help us become nationally recognized as a premier travel destination.
- – More national recognition increases exposure and visitors from across the U.S. and the world.
- – An increase in tourism results in more visits to our local businesses and increased revenue.
- – The economic impact of more visitors directly impacts our business health and quality of life: In 2017 the economic impact of tourism was $1.49 Billion
What can you do to amplify the message through your business? Here are a few examples:
- – Share the posts from the @VisitHiltonHead and @HHIBChamber Facebook and Instagram pages to your own social media pages (be sure to credit the source – either Chamber or VCB).
- – Thank patrons for helping to make the Island the “#1 Island in the Continental U.S.” as voted by readers of Travel + Leisure Magazine.
- – Post videos and photos with images of your business and “Thanks for voting our Island #1 in the Continental U.S.!”
- Post a phrase such as, “When we all work together, we win together!” and add a thank you note to your patrons for voting for Hilton Head Island.
*Unfortunately, we cannot allow the use of the official seal outside of our own use, but you may use the phrase, “#1 Island in the Continental U.S.” when referencing Hilton Head Island’s accolade win.
Travel + Leisure ® and World’s Best Awards are trademarks of Time Inc. Affluent Media Group and used under license. From Travel + Leisure Magazine, August 2018 © Time Inc. Affluent Media Group. Used under license. Travel + Leisure and Time Inc. Affluent Media Group are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Hilton Head Island VCB.