Your chamber is here to convene, convey and connect our community amid the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 virus for our residents, school families and our business workforce. Below are some official resources you can use as we navigate this situation together:
- SBA Resources on the Payroll Protection Plan
Many restaurants are offering a combination of take-out, curbside pick-up or delivery.
Business & Travel Resources
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce Resources
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Resource Page
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines for Businesses
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Resources
- SBA Disaster Assistance
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans for Corona Virus
- SBA Loan Information
- Filing for Unemployment
- Filing Unemployment for Workers
- FAQs on SC Unemployment
- SC Unemployment/Layoff Information
- U.S. Travel Association Resources
- American Hotel & Lodging Association Guidance for Employers
- Destinations International
- OSHA Resources
- South Carolina Department of Employment & Workforce (SCDEW)
- CDC General Information about COVID-19
- Getting Tested/Telehealth Resource
- Beaufort Memorial Hospital Virtual Visits
- MUSC Virtual Healthcare
- Hilton Head Regional Healthcare
- Beaufort Memorial Hospital
- DHEC Educational/Outreach Materials
- Do I Qualify as a Small Business?
- Medical Resource (Town of HHI)
- Donate Blood
Government & School Resources
- Hilton Head Island Public Beaches Closed as of March 21. Private beaches remain open.
- Chamber email regarding the beach closure
- Beaufort County School District Meal Distribution Schedule
- Beaufort County School District (schools are closed through the end of April)
- Town of Bluffton
- Town of Hilton Head Island
- Beaufort County
- Beaufort County Help For Families
- Latest Gov. McMaster Press Conference on SCETV
Chamber’s Weekly Community Call
9:15 a.m. every Wednesday
SC Chamber Presents The Impact of the CARES Act on Unemployment and Incentives for Employers to Keep Employees Working
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 | 12:00-1:00 PM ET
Presenter: Ashley Cuttino, Ogletree Deakins. On Friday, President Trump signed into law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. This webinar will discuss the expansion of unemployment benefits in five key ways and will discuss incentives for employers to keep workers employed through additional SBA loans and tax credits.
Webinar: US Chamber and SBA Discuss Loan Opportunities
1 p.m. Wednesday, April 1
Cash Runway Calculator with Scott Beebe (MyBusinessOnPurpose.com) and the Hilton Head-Bluffton Chamber Of Commerce
1 p.m. Thursday, April 2
See how much cash you actually have and how much you need to weather this (and the next) business storm.
What You Will Need (this will not be shared publically):
-Latest bank account(s) balance
-Known receivables to collect in the next 20 days
-Monthly Total Fixed Expenses (Including Payroll)
-Monthly Payroll amount
-Monthly Total Variable Expenses (Including Contractor Pay and Cost of Goods Sold, etc.)
Meeting ID: 999 356 4959
Video Seminars by Burr Forman Law Firm:
- US Chamber and INC. Magazine with fantastic q&a and panel click here
- Town of Hilton Head Island: Collections of business license fees, local tax, and local hospitality tax delayed until June 20.
- Cross Island Parkway tolls suspended.
- State and Federal Taxes Due July 15
- Beaufort County Business License Renewals Deadline Extended to June 1
Ways to Help
- Donate what you can. Bluffton Self Help, the Deep Well Project and Sandalwood Food Pantry have needs for monetary and goods donations.
- Participate in the Takeout Blitz to help support our local restaurants.
- SERG Restaurant Group is selling Community Strong VIP packages to directly help their employees as well as Bluffton Self Help and Deep Well.
- Donate to the Restaurant Worker Relief fund, which Downtown Catering Company spearheaded with the Lowcountry Strong Foundation to provide dinners and other commissary food items to the restaurant workers who are currently out of work or have lost wages.
- Donate to the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry’s COVID-19 Response Fund, which will rapidly deploy resources to community-based frontline nonprofit organizations addressing the COVID-19 pandemic in Beaufort, Jasper, Hampton, and Colleton Counties.
Hilton Head Community Church is collecting gift cards to donate to the Sandalwood Community Food Pantry. Drop them off at the Community Center between 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
Check with your local churches; they may have their own outreach.
- Tie a blue ribbon outside your business or home to show support for our local healthcare workers and first responders. The trees outside out chamber offices are tied in blue ribbons to show our support.