101 Story Ideas
Ok, maybe not 101, but here are just a few ideas for new story angles on the Island!
- Keeping it Green: Hilton Head Island as the first eco-planned tourist destination: what that means for residents, visitors and what it has done to preserve the island through the years.
- Aye, Aye Captain: The history of Hilton Head Island from Captain Hilton to Charles Fraser to present day.
- PGA TOUR Tournament: The Heritage Tournament
- Golf Round-up: A sample itinerary of the best golf holes and the best golf courses on the island (could also include "best for beginners," "best group lessons," "most high-tech" or "best for kids" distinctions as well).
- Tennis Round-up: Hilton Head Island offers all three grand-slam surfaces and more than 300 courts, it is home of tennis legend Stan Smith, and offers a range of classes and camps for tennis enthusiasts of any age.
- The Land that Time Forgot: Daufuskie Island
- Soft Adventure: options for young and old: bike trails, kayaking, sailing, surfing, parasailing, windsurfing and waterskiing.
- Family/multigenerational vacation and reunion itinerary ideas
- Bikes, Bikes, Bikes!: extensive bike trails, bike rentals and biking on the beach
- Villa rental: a great alternative to hotels for families and groups.
- Tradition & Values: Families that come year after year, generation after generation
- Native Islanders: The history of the Gullah, native islanders and the Gullah culture
- Education Vacation: Opportunities for education such as the Turtle Walk & Talk, golf/tennis lessons, etc.
- Active retirement options on Hilton Head Island.
- BRAVO Arts & Cultural Festival: an annual festival of the Arts celebrated throughout the month of May
- Lights Out, Turtles In!: Loggerhead turtles and what Hilton Head Island is doing (and has been doing for years) to preserve the dwindling population.
- Meetings and conventions
- Destination weddings
- Honeymoon options/packages
- Must Do's on the Island: You haven't been to Hilton Head Island unless you've…been to the top of the Harbour Town lighthouse, sampled a bowl of crab soup, sampled Frogmore Stew, golfed at Harbour Town or visited the Coastal Discovery Museum.
- Lowcountry, High Culture: music, gourmet food, arts and culture on Hilton Head Island.
- Hi-end, Low-end: a listing of blow-out and budget-conscious ideas for accommodation and entertainment while on vacation on Hilton Head Island.