Skip to Navigation
You got the interview… now here’s what NOT to say!
- Negative comments about your current or past employers and co-workers.
- Requests for special hours or equipment unless you have a handicap that necessitates special accommodations.
- Avoid initiating salary discussions or making demands in the early interview stages.
- Asking about vacation days, sick days or holidays.
- Don’t give a list of the things you won’t do.
- Asking, “What is it your company does again?”
- “I don’t know, I just saw your ad and I thought I’d give this a try.”
- “I don’t have any negative points.”
- Avoid argumentative statements.
- No whining or complaining.
- Do not make dishonest or misleading statements.
- It goes without saying that slang and expletives should not be used.
- Derogatory remarks about a particular gender, race or nationality are out of line.