Part Time Children's Art Teacher
ARTworks (The Arts Council of Beaufort County)
We are seeking a dynamic, fun-loving art teacher to teach kids art classes at The Arts Council of Beaufort (www.beaufortcountyarts.com ). This is a part-time position, primarily two afternoons a week from 4 to 5:30pm, however additional paid work is possible if applicant is also interested in hosting art-themed parties for kids and adults and/or additional weekend classes.
• Responsible for planning and executing consecutive 5 week sessions of art lessons for 2 different age groups: ages 6 to 10 and ages 11 to 16. Sessions take place from September through May
• Workings hands-on with students to teach about various art mediums, art styles, tools and brushes, etc.
• Encouraging a fun and creative atmosphere for students
• Interact with parents to address any issues and concerns
• Create and maintain registration lists, supplies lists, and other class-related documentation
• Purchase supplies, using Arts Council funds and submit receipts
• Willingness to help promote classes through speaking to groups of parents, on social media, creating flyers, or other methods
Must enjoy interacting with children
• Knowledge of and ability to teach acrylic paints and watercolor, including color mixing, brush selection, basic color theory, etc.
• Knowledge of and ability to draw and teach drawing with graphite, charcoal, pastels, colored pencils, etc.
• Ability to paint and/or draw realistically, and ability to teach realistic, acrylic painting and/or drawing classes –needed for older age group
• Knowledge of and ability to teach simple 3-D projects, such as Fimo clay, Paper Mache, etc.
• Previous teaching experience, camp counselor experience, or equivalent
• Ability to pass a SLED background check
If interested, please call Laura at 843-379-2787, to set up an interview.