Poseidon Coastal Cuisine
Hosts at our restaurant are responsible for welcoming our guests to our restaurant and ensuring that they are seated as promptly as possible. Hosts also communicate with our guests by answering phones as well as describing our menu and offerings to guests as they arrive and seek information about our restaurant.
Knowing the table numbers of the restaurant and seating guests at the designated tables.
- Greeting all guests with prompt courteous communications.
- Manage guest reservations or priority seating requests along with walk in customers by quoting them an expected wait time.
- Manage our waiting list to ensure proper size parties are seated at the appropriate tables to maximize efficiency of our floor plan.
- Answer telephones, take to go orders, make reservations, communicate directions and answer general questions about the restaurant.
- Walk through the dining room to collect menus from server stations, monitor progress of seated tables and help clean tables to be re-set.
- Maintain clean host stand, foyer, entry way and bathrooms by ensuring all surfaces are clean and all floors, chairs and benches are clean and in good repair.
- Sell retail products including t-shirts, glassware, hats, etc.
- Manage cash drawer and responsibly handle the cash bank assigned to that drawer.
- Handle guest complaints by listening to guests and then handing off issues to managers.
- Set the tone for guests on their way in and out of the restaurant by providing outstanding hospitality and service.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be willing to work in a standing/walking environment for up to 10 hour shifts.
- Minimum of 3 years in the service industry.
- One year working in a restaurant.
- Experience with Open Table is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Apply in person at Poseidon Coastal Cuisine or online at our serggroup.com website.
Salary: $14.00-$16.00/hrApply Online Here Apply By Email