Electronic Medical Records Support Manager
Volunteers in Medicine Clinic Hilton Head
Responsible for all electronic medical records functions and IT support for the clinic. Competitive salary. Part time position. • Provides “one on one” training of medical personnel for the use of EMD’s • Interact with medical personnel to troubleshoot and resolves issues pertaining to the computer and/or EMD’s software. • Transcribe medical visits for those professionals that do not input their own medical visits into the EMD’s system. • Encourage the use of EMD’s by the medical professionals. • Activate all the computers/System on arrival • Be able to work additional hours as needed • Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor • Shut down computers at the end of the day • Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures • Maintain inventory of computers and scanners.
• Computer literate. Strong working knowledge of and with basic computer components, multiple software applications, transcription program and other office equipment.
• Medical background preferable.
• Strong foundation in medical terminology
• Ability to read the medical visit written by those providers that do not use the EMD’s system.
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Excellent keyboarding skills with speed and accuracy.
• Ability to transcribe visits quickly and accurately
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, punctuation, and style. Ability to communicate effectively.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Must be able to interact effectively with a wide range of personality types, ages, and diverse cultural backgrounds with varying levels of computer knowledge and skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with time constraints.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to all phases of the work
• Flexible and able to perform a wide variety of tasks.
• High level of mental concentration and focus while training or sitting and using a computer for extended periods
Start Date: 04/19/2017Apply By Email