There’s a lot going on in our community and at your chamber. Our recent member survey showed that networking opportunities and exposure for your business are just two of the prime reasons you and 1,600 other businesses belong to the chamber. Being a chamber member provides opportunities to grow your business.
Your chamber supports business in a wide variety of ways. I wanted to glance back at the last two weeks at the chamber to give you an idea of the depth and breadth of the work our professional staff handles each day to support our member businesses and our community.
Just a few highlights from the last two weeks at the Chamber:
- Met with Governor Nikki Haley to talk about issues of importance to the Lowcountry community.
- Launched a golf microsite addition to our website designed to drive additional revenue to our golf partners and our community.
- Hosted Coffee Talk: Connecting Businesses in Bluffton. This popular networking event helps our Bluffton Business partners connect with one another each month.
- Welcomed 11 new businesses as chamber members.
- Hosted the Reality Store in partnership with Hilton Head High School. It’s an event that shows students the “real world” after graduation and what it’s like to pay a mortgage, find childcare, the price of groceries and more. It received coverage on all three Savannah network news stations as an innovative program that’s garnering positive attention.
- Met with Bluffton business leaders as part of our Bluffton Regional Business Council. What are they working on? Their Hwy. 278 beautification program, understanding the successful marketing story of how the chamber is promoting this growing area to our visitors, planning for the very-popular regional business luncheons and more.
- Partnered with the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport and the Savannah Chamber in communications with Delta Airlines to help lower the cost of Delta flights out of Savannah.
- Hosted a very successful Business After Hours event in Bluffton attended by 200 chamber members.
- Launched a small business tool kit section of our website to give your business great ideas on doing business better. Have a question about marketing, human resources or financials? You’ll find answers here.
- Attended local governmental meetings to hear what’s happening in government that impacts your business.
- Met with editors from Southern Living to garner coverage for our destination.
- Partnered with U.S. Airways magazine on a Hilton Head multi-page feature on golf that will reach over 5 million flyers in April.
- Discussions with Heritage Classic Foundation and RBC Leadership regarding the upcoming RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing.
This is just a small sampling of the work your chamber does on behalf of this community every day. Have ideas? Bring them on. We get our best ideas and input from you, our members.
Hope your week ahead is positive and productive!